Digitonal will be performing live at this year’s Greenbelt festival 28-31st August at Boughton House. Tickets are available here.
Digitonal's new album 'Beautiful Broken' is out 4th May and is available for pre-order now.
To celebrate the release of Digitonal’s ‘Beautiful Broken’ we are inviting fans and filmakers to submit their own visual interpretation of album track ‘Eighteen.’ The best one will win £100.
Listen to the track:
Send you submissions to us by email or via Twiter @JustMusicLabel before the 3rd April.
Ticket info to follow.
Jon Hopkins has released the video for 'I Remember,' taken from his new Late Night Tales compilation album relesased this week. The single, a cover of the Yeasayer original, is Hopkins' own contribution to an LP curated by himself and which features the likes of Nihls Frahm, Four Tet and Peter Broderick amongst many others. The video was directed by Tadas Svilas who, speaking to The Fader, described it as "a vessel for viewers' imagination. I wanted to present it visually imperfect, to get that organic look and focus more on abstract, emotional storytelling."
The Jon Hopkins' Late Night Tales album is currently available for free stream at Late Night Tales.
See the full tracklist:
1. Ben Lukas Boysen - Sleepers Beat Theme
2. Darkstar - Hold Me Down
3. Holy Other - Yr Love
4. Teebs - Verbena Tea with Rebekah Raff
5. Nils Frahm - More 6. Songs of Green Pheasant - I Am Daylights
7. Jonsi & Alex Daniell - In The Sea
8. Evenings - Babe
9. Letherette - After Dawn
10. Jon Hopkins - I Remember (Yeasayer cover version)
11. David Holmes - Hey Maggy
12. Alela Diane - Lady Divine
13. Four Tet - Gillie Amma I Love You
14. School of Seven Bells - Connjur
15. Peter Broderick - And It's Alright (Nils Frahm Remix)
16. Health - Before Tigers (Gold Panda Remix)
17. Last Days - Missing Photos
18. Bibio - Down To The Sound
19. A Winged Victory For The Sullen - Requiem For The Static King 1
20. Helios - Emancipation
21. Rick Holland - I Remember (Exclusive Spoken Word Piece)
Clash Premiere: Digitonal - Eighteen:
"Persuasively melodic, 'Eighteen' has all the detail you would expect from a true perfectionist.” - Clash Magazine
The New Album
"The length of time that Beautiful Broken has taken has been its saving grace,” says Digitonal’s Andy Dobson. “I don’t feel any pressure to align myself to the zeitgeist any more and that’s very liberating. I have made mistakes in the past where I would contrive certain things to fit in with a certain scene, but I feel happy with the new album, because it’s me through and through.” - Andy Dobson (Digitonal)
Available for pre-order from the Just Music Store now.
Late Night Tales are offering a free stream of the Jon Hopkins' edition for a week.
Check it out here.